Business Leadership Program
Our unique Business Leadership Program empowers participants to build deep, functional expertise within a specific area, while simultaneously developing broad-based industry and business acumen. The BLP isn’t easy. But it is life-changing. It will fast track your career, expand your knowledge of everything our company and industry offers, all while developing you into a leader of tomorrow.
What is it?
The Business Leadership Program is a two-year, three-rotation leadership development program for recent college and master degree grads. Aimed at building domain, company and industry expertise, the BLP incorporates real world experience with cross-functional, customer and community service experiences that not only develop you as a leader, but as a person.
When you apply, you’ll select one of our ten tracks based on your experience and area of interest:
- Data Analytics
- Enterprise Operations
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Sales & Relationship Management
Over the course of the Program, you’ll complete three eight-month rotations in your track. Each rotation will have a different assignment and focus, giving you a broader understanding of the opportunities available within that function. As you explore the function, you’ll work alongside and learn from experienced professionals in an accelerated work environment.
Once a year, we’ll bring together all of our BLP participants across all classes to join us for a one-week Symposium. During this immersive week of training, development and networking (and fun, of course), you’ll have a chance to forge and solidify relationships with your peers across the entire program. It’s a powerful opportunity for you to build a professional community among your class as you collectively work to become the next generation of Synchrony leaders.
Between each track rotation, you’ll participate in a cross-functional, customer experience before moving on to your next rotation. This allows you to expand your knowledge in other fields, network with other experts and program participants and learn more about our business and industry as a whole.
We’re committed to giving back to communities where we live and work. So before you graduate, we’ll sponsor you and your fellow program participants in a month-long community service project.
When you graduate from BLP, you’ll be poised for a challenging, exciting and accelerated career.
Our people are why we’re successful, period. So we reward them with a wide variety of benefits that keep our team healthy and happy. In addition to industry-renowned training, exposure to senior leadership, competitive pay and immediate access to benefits when you join us, we also offer our BLP participants:
- 401(k) + match
- Health care
- Flexible spending accounts
- Education reimbursement
- Vision plans
- Dental plans
- Life and other insurance
- Paid volunteer time
- Vacation, holidays, personal illness days
- Retirement savings plans
- Disability and workers’ compensation
- Parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Transit and parking accounts
Sync-Up is our annual three-day, pre-program emersion experience for our incoming class of BLPs and BLP-Interns. We fly all of our accepted program participants from their campuses to this exclusive event where they meet leaders from across Synchrony’s business, learn about our business and customers and, most importantly, meet and engage with one another.
While each event is unique, some highlights of recent Sync-Ups include:
- Keynote addresses from our CEO of Retail Card, Tom Quindlen;
- Interactive teambuilding designed to help forge relationships with those that will be on program with you;
- An interactive “Fashion Show” hosted with one of our retail partners and designed to introduce you to what “business casual” means at Synchrony;
- Working as a team to build (and donate) bikes for residents of a local non-profit dedicated to the recovery of chemically dependent adults and families;
- Immersive introduction to Synchrony’s culture, values and commitment to diversity;
- Inspirational keynote from Rico Roman, Paralympic gold medalist, about persevering in the face of adversity; and
- Interactive sessions with your functional track owners and current BLPs, providing you the opportunity ask the questions that are most top of mind about your upcoming program or internship experience!
Sync-Up is an incredible opportunity to start your experience with Synchrony before your semester even ends! You’ll develop critical relationships, engage with amazing people, learn about the business and… of course… have a lot of fun!
Your BLP assignment with Synchrony may not be close to home—that’s one of the leaps we’ll expect you take. But we’ve got your back (and your moving van). We offer a full suite of relocation benefits to get you to your next assignment if it lands you more than 50 miles from your permanent address. We’ll help with expenses for house hunting, lease cancellation, temporary housing, shipping and storage, auto shipping in some cases, and airfare.