Our BLP-Internship has many of the same career-boosting advantages as our Business Leadership Program, but is designed for rising juniors and seniors and first-year graduate students.
What is it?
The BLP-Internship offers a 10–12 week paid summer program. Like the BLP, it’s a combination of hands-on experience and classroom learning. You’ll be challenged with meaningful work, mentored by Synchrony leaders and inspired by your talented cohort. Plus, our Early Identification Platform helps identify participants for hire into our Business Leadership Program upon graduation.
How does it work?
Our BLP-Internships are designed to strengthen the skills you have while helping you discover new ones. Your main focus will be in a functional track of your choice:
- Data Analytics
- Enterprise Operations
- Internal Audit
- Sales & Relationship Management
We’ll get the program (and your career) jumpstarted with Orientation. Held at our headquarters, we’ll fly you to the event where you’ll get to know your fellow participants. You’ll meet industry leaders and take part in training sessions that will orient you for the challenges ahead.
Ten weeks can fly by, especially when you’re as busy as our BLP-internship will keep you. But it’s important to step back and engage with your experience, not just your day-to-day work. That’s why we created the BLP-Internship Summer Series, our commitment to offering opportunities that elevate your experience to the next level. These could include:
- Interactive round-tables with senior leadership
- Lunch and learns
- Community service
- Social and networking events with fellow interns
- And more …
The more we can teach you about how our company and industry work the better—because ideas with no limits come from knowledge with no boundaries.
When you join our BLP-Internship, the last thing you need to worry about is where you’ll live or how you’ll pay for it. So we’ll help you get settled in with a generous housing package that includes furnished apartments shared with other interns, as well as expenses to and from your assignments. All you need to bring is your clothes.
Sync-Up is our annual three-day, pre-program emersion experience for our incoming class of BLPs and BLP-Interns. We fly all of our accepted program participants from their campuses to this exclusive event where they meet leaders from across Synchrony’s business, learn about our business and customers and, most importantly, meet and engage with one another.
While each event is unique, some highlights of recent Sync-Ups include:
- Keynote addresses from our CEO of Retail Card, Tom Quindlen;
- Interactive teambuilding designed to help forge relationships with those that will be on program with you;
- An interactive “Fashion Show” hosted with one of our retail partners and designed to introduce you to what “business casual” means at Synchrony;
- Working as a team to build (and donate) bikes for residents of a local non-profit dedicated to the recovery of chemically dependent adults and families;
- Immersive introduction to Synchrony’s culture, values and commitment to diversity;
- Inspirational keynote from Rico Roman, Paralympic gold medalist, about persevering in the face of adversity; and
- Interactive sessions with your functional track owners and current BLPs, providing you the opportunity ask the questions that are most top of mind about your upcoming program or internship experience!
Sync-Up is an incredible opportunity to start your experience with Synchrony before your semester even ends! You’ll develop critical relationships, engage with amazing people, learn about the business and… of course… have a lot of fun!
- Competitive pay
- Summer Speaker Series
- Day of Community Service
- Real-world experience
- Access to senior leaders
- Travel opportunities